In a two-part podcast series, Nortal US’ Chief Technology Officer Gabe Hicks talks with Jeff Ramsdale, Director of Technology, about CI/CD automation being a critical piece of delivery, given the shift to a remote workforce. This podcast is in English.
Part 1: The importance of CI/CD automation right now [0:00 – 10:38]
- What does CI/CD automation involve? And what is it?
- Evolution of automation
- Why is automation even more important now, during an economic slowdown, than it has been before?
- Documentation: How much do you need and ease of accessing software?
- How do you recognize poor automation?
Part 2: How to get started with automation [10:47 – 25:26]
- Current state of CI/CD: How containers are used in modern build pipelines
- Where the cloud fits with Continuous Delivery practices
- Should you build automation on your own or start with a third partySaaS product?
- What will change with CI/CD?
Stay in the know! Subscribe to Teach Your Niche with Nortal podcasts on Spotify, Apple, Google Podcasts, Overcast, and Soundcloud.